~~~~~~~~~~~~ Don't Forget To Like Us On Facebook, Follow Us On Twitter, And Vote For Us ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Nathan Cleverly is delighted that he's now well and truly on Carl Froch's radar, but won't let that distract him in the quest for world-title glory on Saturday night


Nathan Cleverly is delighted that he's now well and truly on Carl Froch's radar, but won't let that distract him in the quest for world-title glory on Saturday night.

Cleverly has vowed to impress in his WBO light-heavyweight title challenge against champion Juergen Braehmer at The O2 in London (live on Sky Box Office).

Nathan Cleverly v Juergen Braehmer. Click here to bet.


The unbeaten Welshman says it could lead to a huge domestic dust-up with WBC world super-middleweight king Froch, who has talked about moving up to 175lbs.

This week Froch said a fight against Cleverly could become inevitable if both fighters carry on winning.

"I've got nothing but respect for Froch and that would be a cracking fight down the line," said Cleverly.

"If Froch does intend to come up to light-heavyweight, then who better to fight than me with a world title on the line?

"I've got to get a big win on the world stage first, and it won't come much bigger than Braehmer.

"He's the only thing that I'm focused on at the moment, and I'm not taking my eye off the ball this Saturday because a win is crucial.

"First I've got to deal with Braehmer in style on Saturday night, then not only will Froch take me seriously, but so will the Americans.

"This is my chance to put myself in the spotlight and I intend to take it."

Property of Sporting Life



No comments:

Post a Comment